Bolt in Seats

Status
Not open for further replies.

alkey3

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 28, 2009
Rolla, MO
Is there any seats beside the g-body seats that you can bolt in or just trade the tracks and bolt in. I'm looking for something that is lighter than the power seats that are in it now. They don't work anyways. The motor runs but the seat don't move. Id like to some pictures of what seats people have in their car too. Thanks

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
You could consider a set of F-body seats. Unless you want to go for something completely different and exotic from a higher end j* car...
Lexus, Infinity, etc. Lining up the seat tracks might be a little more tricky and challenging.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
I am thinking the same thing right now, but have given up on a direct bolt in. Having weighed the front seats, they represent a huge amount of weight. I think just replacing them with a set of EG Civic seats represented a 40lb weight reduction. I did a thread on it somewhere, it's stickied, so you might want to see the weight difference. As for me, I have yet to decide on what seats I will use. Anything GM is pretty much useless as it will be designed more with comfort than support in corners in mind. You may wish to look at Subaru, VW or Honda products for a possible solution. Some Golf GTi's and Corrados came with Recaro seats factory that are quite good.

SBCregal

Master Mechanic
Jan 22, 2006
the recaro seats out of the older vw gti's are nice seats, if you're lucky you can find em in a wrecker...or online
the first gen talon seats are nice too

a little fabrication and you can toss whatever seats you want in there

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
I wish I could get my hands on the Corvette seats with adjustable side bolsters! Those seats are comfy :D

supercrackerbox

Master Mechanic
Dec 29, 2008
Lincoln NE
Any way you can just gut the motors and switch to a manual track?

dan2286 said:
I wish I could get my hands on the Corvette seats with adjustable side bolsters! Those seats are comfy :D

Keep an eye out for a 90-up Dodge Shadow ES or Plymouth Sundance RS, they had some very nice seats with adjustable bolsters.

pokertramp

G-Body Guru
Aug 10, 2008
Do these seats sit low? What seats will sit you up a little higher for say,,,,a short person?

CostasCutlass

Apprentice
Apr 3, 2008
NJ, 07003
I went with 4th gen camaro seats, just needed to make a bracket, when I bolted up the tracks from my stock seats, it was 2 inches in total. Four 1 inch brackets per seat will work fine, and with the square tubing you don't need to put the spacers back in.

buick11

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 16, 2009
Seattle Area
walk through your favorite junkyard and pick any set of seats you like/ are comfortable with. its real easy to make a bracket, a friend of mine put some plastic fixed back race buckets in his rig. he grabbed some .25 thick alum diamond plate, unbolted his stock seats from the tracks, measured the spacing of the new seat and drilled the holes for the stock tracks and the new seats and bolted everything up with some grade 8 hardware. the grade 8 was overkill I think, but its only a couple of cents more than grade 5's. he also didn't trim the excess in front and behind so hes got a big square plate under his seats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor