Gbody seat belt bolt torque

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
I've always torqued mine to Tight As H*ll. I'm kinda wanting them to stay put if I had to rely on them. However, I'm sure there's a spec somewhere.

Reactions: 1 user

442_olds

Apprentice
Dec 10, 2010
1986 CAPRICE MONTE CARLO EL CAMINO Service Manual (ST-384-86) PG 9G-2 SEATS B-G STYLES :
Bolts M12 26-35 ft lbs
Thank you! That's what I was looking for. Think I'll put some blue threadlocker on the bolts, since at some point the interior will need to come out to do some floorpan work.

Now to get the bolts out...soaked them with blaster, will let them sit a day or two (thanks G body garage). Will have to get the carpet up from around the outer belt strap.

Thanks for the replies!

Reactions: 1 user

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
They poke through the floor, take a wire brush to the threads to get any dirt grease and or undercoating off em.

Reactions: 2 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor