bolt pattern

Status
Not open for further replies.

1988montess

Greasemonkey
Aug 14, 2007
ive reasearched like crazy, but i cant find anything. my next try is to actually go to a good wheel shop and ask them. the thing is, where i am there arent a whole lot of 88 monte SS's around so not alot of people know things about them. where im from we have more rice shops than muscle shops and alot of the wheel shops are for newer style cars so its hard to find this stuff.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
For wheels, I would look at American Racing as they seem to have a nice selection of wheels available for older cars, some of which are newer designs. Centerline would be another choice as would Colorado Custom or Boyd's. Enkei may offer some, but they tend to deal with newer cars that have a different wheel bearing position relative to the mounting face. it's not that hard to find wheels for these cars, there are at least 20-50 different wheels available to fit them both factory and aftermarket. Maybe if you could post a pic of the type of wheel you are looking for someone here will know of a manufacturer that makes something similar. I would also go to a speed shop rather than a wheel shop to make your determination as they will likely have a greater selection of catalogs to look at.I would think you want no wider than 7 or 8 inches up front with a 4 inch backspace and around 9-9.5 inches in the rear with a similar backspacing. What diameter do you want? 15, 16 , 17, 18 19? 20? really stupid 24'S? Is the car for handling, racing, show, cruising?

1988montess

Greasemonkey
Aug 14, 2007
i was originally looking at 20's. but im going down to 18's to accomodate a lower drop with the air suspension. i am looking for some 5-7 spoke wheels new age black with a polished/ chrome lip. if i cant find what i want im just going to go with a 100 spoke wire chrome wheel. what can you guys find for me that fits, because i cant find anything.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
I have no idea what would work in that sort of wheel. If you want Dayton's, try contacting them as I am sure someone has done it before. G bodies are popular as lowriders and the really silly high riders, so I am sure this bridge has been crossed before. Most of the regulars on here do not use that sort of wheel as it is not conducive to improved performance, but there may be someone who has. I choose wheels based on the widest tire I can fit and the lowest weight I can find. Reducing rotating mass improves acceleration, handling and braking. Style takes a back seat to function for what I like, but to each their own.

1988montess

Greasemonkey
Aug 14, 2007
im not going to be racing this car its a summer cruiser/ show car. im keeping the 305 and just doing some basic work to it since its in perfect running condition no need to change it. i do want a little more go, but i want the combination of show and go. hence the 18's. i cant get the wires staggered i dont think, so 8's are the way im gonna go unless i get a different wheel. they cant be too heavy, theyre wires.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor