BRAEKS ARE WEAK

Status
Not open for further replies.

ridinlow41

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 16, 2009
houston,tx
out of nowhere my brake pedal got soft and now my 86 buick regal barely stops and the brake light came on in the dash i added some brake fluid last night but it is still weak anyone think i just have to bleed the front two brake lines or what ????? need to fix tonight its my daily driver

do you here air inside when you hit the brakes if you do it is a bad power booster, and have you done any recent work on the brakes

yeah i hear like an air sound when i press the brake pedal and nah i havent done any work to the brakes at all u think i should try bleeding them at least?

SLICK79WGN said:
do you here air inside when you hit the brakes if you do it is a bad power booster, and have you done any recent work on the brakes

If the power booster went bad, the pedal would be hard. You normally hear some type of air noise when you press the pedal and the booster is good.

First look for any leaks. The lines on the rear axle are prone to rusting out and there could also be a leak at the master cylinder. The brake fluid would be running down the brake booster. Take a look at the wheel cylinders in the back and make sure you look over all the lines really good.

If there is no leaks, then bleed the brakes. Start at the right rear of the car, then left rear, right front, left front.

Check all the rubber brake hoses and steel lines. It could be the master cylinder...or even possibly a brake cylinder.
as Dan said, check it over closely.

alright thanx guys thats what i was thinking im gonna check for leaks today after work then if nothing im gonna bleed the brake lines i hope its not the power booster

dan2286 said:
SLICK79WGN said:

If the power booster went bad, the pedal would be hard. You normally hear some type of air noise when you press the pedal and the booster is good.

First look for any leaks. The lines on the rear axle are prone to rusting out and there could also be a leak at the master cylinder. The brake fluid would be running down the brake booster. Take a look at the wheel cylinders in the back and make sure you look over all the lines really good.

If there is no leaks, then bleed the brakes. Start at the right rear of the car, then left rear, right front, left front.

so if i got this correctly the last wheel i would bleed would be the driver side front right? just making sure

ridinlow41 said:
dan2286 said:
SLICK79WGN said:

so if i got this correctly the last wheel i would bleed would be the driver side front right? just making sure

Yes

ridinlow41 said:
================================================
That's right.. right rear, left rear, right front, left front...in that order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor