BRAEKS ARE WEAK

Status
Not open for further replies.
any time the light on the dash comes on,it is because you have a problem with the fluid side....the valve that has the wire on it has moved to stop you from losing all the fluid... the problem with the valve moving is you have to repair the problem and then bleed the brakes...... now if the rear side was the problem, the first thing to do is have a buddy push as hard as he can and open the front side so the valve can reset....take your cover off and open all the bleeder's and wait ..close the ones that start driping one at a time... after that pump your pedal and see what ya got....jesse

just like jesse said you wont get a light with a bad booster. First place Id check is the rear rubber line. I have had 2 gbodys now and they both leaked there giving me a light. It can be a b*tch getting that valve reset. when leak is fixed I usually have someone push on the pedal crack the back passenger bleeder.....with pedal still pressed I crack the front.....usually balances it out.

Everyone hates doing brakes lol. If you have a type of compressor with an air gun attachment, I would advise blowing out your brakes lines to insure there is no junk built up in your lines. Same thing for your fuel lines and anything else. That was the first thing when I got my malibu in the driveway was blast all the lines out and make sure they're not rusted out.

Check the T connection on your back axle housing you'll have on line going in and two going out, one to each brake drum in the rear. Those have a tendency to leak on these cars if no silicone or plumbers tape was used on the fittings.

patmckinneyracing said:
Those have a tendency to leak on these cars if no silicone or plumbers tape was used on the fittings.

You shouldn't need any tape on the fittings on a double flare line. It's not the the threads that seal its the flare.

well i got it i swapped out the master cylinder and then i bleed all the lines and it works brake light turned off and everything thanks for all the help guys 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor