Brake Dust

Status
Not open for further replies.

442nAZ

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 11, 2009
Does anyone else get alot of brake dust on your wheels?

Do you think a new set of Rotors and Brake Pads could reduce the amount of brake dust created?

trying to avoid brake dust is like hoping it won't rain... It's gonna happen!

there are brake dust sheilds you can buy, that mount to the back of your wheels. OR, you could just wash your wheels more often...

Yea but I get too much dust in such a small trip I barely washed my car a day ago and the front rims are covered with dust. Im pretty sure there are some Brake Pads designed for less Brake Dust?

Ceramic pads don't make as much dust.

I'm far more interested in the performance than the little inconvenience in having to clean the wheels....I run EBC pads which they say produces minimal brake dust but with the slotted and cross drilled rotors they produce more dust than with stock rotors..... the bonus is they have saved the sheet metal on my car more than once so the brake dust is really irrelevant....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor