brake lights stuck on

Status
Not open for further replies.

kdizzle50

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 22, 2008
i have an 84 regal, the other day i drove home at night, turned off the car, then the lights, only to see my brake lights stuck on...... any pointers as to what this could be?> how to fix?

midwestls

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2007
Bismarck North Dakota
brake light switch. Cheap, very easy to replace. Your brake pedal literally push's it so you can get down on your head and see it right away. You might just be able to just adjust it (it slides in and out slightly). Good luck

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
I just had the same problem and it wasn't the switch. My brakes were so worn down that the pedal simply didn't get pushed back far enough after taking my foot off.

So if it isn't your switch, matbe you need new brakes.

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
One thing that comes to mind is that when it starts getting really cold, the rubber diaphrams inside your brake booster can kinda stiffen up, and then the pedal can't return all the way to it's neutral position.

My pick up does this, never did it all summer, and just started once it started getting below freezing. Since I'm so incredibly cheap and lazy, I just pull up under the pedal with my left foot if I notice that they're still on...

JESSE

Master Mechanic
Nov 21, 2007
GULFPORT,MS
brake light

i think that switch is adjustable.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor