Breathers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
I love the L69 air cleaner housing and run one myself. The important thing to remember is that each snorkel by itself is larger than the one snorkel on a standard single snorkel housing. Another thing you can do is run the lid off a G body Monte Carlo which permits a taller filter element. This is the setup I run, but I have not figured out how I am going to run the ram air setup in my car yet. Oh, one more thing: The A/C brackets are different as is the hose set fromt he compressor on a L69 Camaro as opposed to a LG4 Camaro. I run the brackets and hose from the Camaro with the Condenser from a L69 car as well. The small aluminum tube from the evaporator to the condenser has a fitting in it in a Camaro and must be used as well. Mine is from a TPI car. I also used the V6 Cutlass Dryer with my setup as it let me fit the hoses together properly. The larger hose on mine differs from stock Camaro in that the stocker has a 45 degree downward bend, but the aftermarket one I used has a straight fitting which worked better in my application.

KrisW

G-Body Guru
Oct 24, 2007
Lakeland, FL
There are a few truck and B-body applications that use the larger, L69 style snorkle. Again, I'm pretty sure my 82 Delta 88 had the big one, I can't remember.From 70 something to mid 80 something...

Nice tip about the lid...

Tony_SS

Royal Smart Person
Oct 14, 2006
Missouri
I ran the stock lid upside down until I was able to get an open aftermarket air filter.

One of the other pluses of the dual snorkel setup is bringing in air from outside the engine compartment thus being cooler.

The typical open element draws in the hot air from the engine compartment.

Another factory car that used the dual snorkels was the 68-69 442 and Hurst/Olds.

Derision

Master Mechanic
Jul 2, 2007
Jackson, New Jersey
Tony_SS said:
I ran the stock lid upside down until I was able to get an open aftermarket air filter.

I thought about doing that, but my lid has a bit of rust on it, so I deterred myself due to that.

Think I'm going to go with the dual snorkel at the moment. Have to hit a salvage yard and see if I can find the bits (should've kept that off my Caprice!).

Derision

Master Mechanic
Jul 2, 2007
Jackson, New Jersey
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor