Brembo Brake Rotors Any Good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pbngem

Greasemonkey
Oct 17, 2010
Never heard of the brand, but I was offered 2 sets of new front rotors for 82-87 G Body. They look ok in appearance, but seems like a no-name brand to me?

Actually, the Brembo name really gets around in the import scene. They've been around for nearly a decade (at least). I've never had any of their parts but I've never heard bad things. I had no idea they even made parts for G-bodies.

brembo brakes come on the new camaro's from the factory. i have a pontiac g8 gxp that came with brembo's. think they are good high performance brakes. i am not a fan of their pads. lots of brake dust. if you don't mind black wheels they work good.

They aren't any better than any other off the shelf rotor at your local auto parts store ... They may have been years ago :idea: but they are MADE IN CHINA just like the rest :|

Does anyone know of a brand rotor that *are* made in USA ???
RITTER said:
They aren't any better than any other off the shelf rotor at your local auto parts store ... They may have been years ago :idea: but they are MADE IN CHINA just like the rest :|

RITTER said:

Made in china and finished in the USA are two different things though. I wouldn't say a 20 dollar cheapie is just as good as a 125 dollar brembo.

Thats the thing all the foundries are in china now but most of the finish work is done in another country.

very little isn't made over there and you'd be suprised how much of what you regard in high quality comes from china.. why does this continue to freak everyone out?? i support american companies when they put out a superior product (even when it cost more) however, as of recently, the quality has been down globally, if its going to cost more, it better be superior. its a known fact ppl will pay for quality.. american manufactuers don't always take the cake in this arena.

are they made there, probably.. are they good, high quality brake set-ups, absolutely... look at alot of high performance cars and sport bikes, you'll see that red/gold caliper on there more often then not..

Brembo brakes are the sh*t and everyone here trying to say otherwise is a jackass. If they are good enough to bring Lamborghini's to a stop from 200mph they are good enough for a g-body! however, I am pretty sure that company never made g-body rotors so I would opt not to get those bc they probably dont fit anyway. By the way, saying something sucks because its from china is the same type of categorical thinking as saying that somebody sucks because they are black.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor