Broken speedo needle-where to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geo's66

Master Mechanic
Oct 7, 2014
Guys, where have you bought these? Don't want to do a dash swap but my speedo needle was broke when I bought the car last year, thanks

Do you have the optional round gauges in your car or do you have the rectangular "sweep" style speedo?

round guages..had a specific style needle for 78/79...

2QRgOE.jpg

sweep style speedo...this one is for 80/81

Lw6KXM.jpg

all 78/79 needles were more of a redish color while 80/81 and up to 85 were more orange in color..

I think that's going to be tough to find a new one...you will probably have to buy another speedo to get one. I know they...can't recall who now...offer the 80-85 needle but it's not the same...

hyvwTr.jpg

hopefully someone here has an extra speedo...if not might have to get one off ebay

I've heard of people gluing on tooth picks...

No kidding? Just because the needle broke I need whole new setup? Wow.. Thx rsp. I'll check but that is stunning info!

The reason I say you might have to buy another speedo is that I very rarely see the needles come up for sale by themselves.

I just dug through my gauge parts stuff here and I see I have 1 78/79 needle here...needs some paint touchup...

xMWRNE.jpg

shoot me a PM if interested..

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor