Ebay LEAD: NOS ACDelco UPPER Speedo Cable for 81-83 w/Cruise

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Alright, all you 1981-83 G-owners. Here's your chance to obtain an upper speedo cable per GM's parts information. I've posted this before, but here it is again because I stumbled across one on ebay. It MAY fit earlier 78-80 as well, but I didn't check. The earlier cars had some sort of different clip deal on the speedo cable so I don't know if that made any difference in the speedo end of the cable construction.

CC1102/25032595 (41.3") is your upper cable from the cruise transducer to speedometer. Also, CC1021/25032869 (42.7") is an alternate number and a few of those can be found as well, mainly used on 78-80.

The 78-83 cars with K35 cruise control option used a split cable setup to and from a transducer mounted on the driver fenderwell. See pic below of a REAL 83 H/O transducer (circled).

1702127636201.png

hahha. J/K. Amazing the model car has a transducer.

Anyway, here's a real pic. Arrow pointing to transducer. The ebay ad is for the upper cable going to the speedometer.

1702127825287.png

For anyone interested in trying to find a lower cable for their H/O with cruise...it's a slightly different p/n than the rest since it uses the 200-4R. CC917/25032383 (65.25") shows as the Delco/GM part number for the lower cable for 83 Hurst w/K35 (cruise control)

One thing to keep in mind about speedo cables and battery cables is this: GM did NOT care if it matched, as long as it fit and functioned the same. However, sometimes the stuff doesn't supersede 100% for sure. Do your du dilligence if you use a supersession number to make sure it fits your application.

Reactions: 2 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor