Buckets and console options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
I've always been partial to similar era pieces when original parts aren't used. Gbodys are boxy and have a lot of straight edges. Curvy, modern consoles and seats look out of place to me. I had a set of mid-80s Cavalier seats (power driver) that would have looked right at home in a G but sold them to make room for a move.

You can make just about anything fit but making it look right seems to be a bigger challenge.

• Agree
Reactions: 6 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
I've always been partial to similar era pieces when original parts aren't used. Gbodys are boxy and have a lot of straight edges. Curvy, modern consoles and seats look out of place to me. I had a set of mid-80s Cavalier seats (power driver) that would have looked right at home in a G but sold them to make room for a move.

You can make just about anything fit but making it look right seems to be a bigger challenge.
Exactly. I was originally going to build a console, but stumbled across a bucket/console Monte in a yard several years back and couldn't believe it! It must have just hit the yard because it wasn't ravaged yet! The seats were shot, but I took the tracks because young and dumb me tossed mine with the split bench! I cut the console brackets from the tunnel after measuring locations, and scored the console for $13!!!!!! I have a new lid/hinge I got from Mikes as the yard unit was messed up, but it will look slick once I finish it....
20140216_124725.jpg

Reactions: 6 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I couldn't agree more

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
I think you guys are right, a curvy console will look out of place, especially with 3 pedals. I think the BMW seats wouldn’t be terrible because they are kinda plain and boxy as is. Getting a nice console that will match the lines of the dash will be the challenge. If I wasn’t such a diva about being comfy or I could find some nice GN buckets it wouldn’t be such a tough decision. I’m kinda stuck as we just don’t have the same options with wreckers being so few and far between up here. I like the idea of keeping it all GM, it’s just tougher.

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: 3 users

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
I think you guys are right, a curvy console will look out of place, especially with 3 pedals. I think the BMW seats wouldn’t be terrible because they are kinda plain and boxy as is. Getting a nice console that will match the lines of the dash will be the challenge. If I wasn’t such a diva about being comfy or I could find some nice GN buckets it wouldn’t be such a tough decision. I’m kinda stuck as we just don’t have the same options with wreckers being so few and far between up here. I like the idea of keeping it all GM, it’s just tougher.

Duke there's still enough Gbody stuff in the wreckers out here...I can keep an eye out for Gbody buckets for you if that's the way you might go. Consoles are getting a little tougher but do pop up from time to time. I picked up an incomplete Cutlass console awhile back but haven't really done anything with it. I was hoping to find the rest of the parts, get it together and offer it up for sale.

V6gBfI.jpg

I sold a 66 Chevelle diff to a local guy a little while back that was keeping it as a spare for his Malibu. He wanted me to find him some other parts but then contacted me later that he has a line on 2 Malibus and indicated I could come pick what I want off them. I'm hoping for one to be a bucket/console car but might be wishful thinking. His Malibu is a stock car so he said he only needs the shells.

Reactions: 1 users

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
I think I should probably just make a list and send it to you.... Might be quicker.....

Duke there's still enough Gbody stuff in the wreckers out here...I can keep an eye out for Gbody buckets for you if that's the way you might go. Consoles are getting a little tougher but do pop up from time to time. I picked up an incomplete Cutlass console awhile back but haven't really done anything with it. I was hoping to find the rest of the parts, get it together and offer it up for sale.

V6gBfI.jpg

I sold a 66 Chevelle diff to a local guy a little while back that was keeping it as a spare for his Malibu. He wanted me to find him some other parts but then contacted me later that he has a line on 2 Malibus and indicated I could come pick what I want off them. I'm hoping for one to be a bucket/console car but might be wishful thinking. His Malibu is a stock car so he said he only needs the shells.

Reactions: 1 user

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Not too long ago I did see someone post the fifth gen seats and console in a G body which I was glad to see would work because I was just taking a shot in the dark. But I think it looked really good

• Informative

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
I stand corrected it was on one of my FB pages....
20139949_1416108671776490_5731450383667887393_n.jpg
20139965_1416108745109816_9183224950188189345_n.jpg
20228503_1420921474628543_706599524054648889_n.jpg
20229187_1420921417961882_5288802195438409631_n.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

Flannery

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 23, 2010
Regina, SK
  • Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor