Buell fans?

So a guy I work with has a ‘98 Buell X1 Lightning for sale. 8200 miles, PM wheels, Borla exhaust plus stock, carbon fiber air cleaner with K&N air filter, motor is stock internally. Hasn’t been on the road for 12 years, so it needs tires, battery, carb cleaned, and lots of elbow grease.
There’s hardly been any listed for sale that I’ve seen.
Anyone know what these are worth? He said I can have it for a grand less than it’s worth. 3807E45C-598E-4494-9856-3199B3E1BF22.jpeg 5CD5A1EC-65BD-4DCC-902C-A67DD8F8BF29.jpeg B4BE6C50-9616-474B-B5E4-FCD60D6E3E81.jpeg BDA5C7DE-AE31-484B-A5E6-2BEC8364F9CC.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
I don't know a ton about them but always kinda wanted one. I thought the X1s were injected? Might be expensive to get back on the road if it wasn't put up properly. On value, I did a quick Searchtempest and pricing is all over. If it was running and sorted out, I'd guess it should be in the $4-5k range. Your buddy likely thinks it's worth more than that as it sits.
I'd rather have the Fatcat in the background ;).

Reactions: 1 user
Fat cat is for sale too, offers?

If I can convince myself that the Buell is worth 5k I’ll buy it. It’s not my dream bike so I don’t plan to keep it, and he’s fine with me making money on it. I’d rather have a Vmax

Do you have a picture of the green 70 Camaro?
I don’t, sorry. He just bought that, 40ish thousand miles . 75% original paint 307/ 350auto. Paid 17k. It’s a ‘71

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor