Buick v6 to Olds 307 swap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 12, 2008
North central Indiana
I am switching to a 307 in my 85 Cutlass, because the old engine and transmission had called it quits. I need to know where I bolt the K member engine mount pads. I have seen the picture of where the SBC mount pads go. If anybody has a picture of it I would appreciate it. I am only switching to the 307 because it was cheap with low miles (44K), and a th350. I eventually want to put a Vortec headed 400 SBC in it.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
Well, you are going from worse to bad, instead of the other way around. Anyhow, they pretty much will only bolt in one way, if I am not mistaken. Just line em up and there you go! You'll have a slightly less slow Cutlass!

beeterolds

Master Mechanic
Dec 15, 2007
Cleveland ohio 44131
im sure you can find a 350 chevy dude.... find a smog chevy engine... then take your 307 and put them on the 350..it should hopefully raise compression.... with small valves and high compression you have a torquey fun street machine.

smooth_358

Apprentice
Feb 6, 2008
rosemount, mn
its as hard as switching the frame pads.. beeter saying something like get a chevy is sort of depressing. i vote put an olds in an olds!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor