burnout oops

Status
Not open for further replies.

1bad84

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 1, 2009
none
well the tale begins with me, my brother, father and my dads friends hanging out at are garge. when my brother get the bright idea to take out the monte. so we go around the block and come back to the front of the garge so i was like, light them up. so he starts and wacks second then third then out of nowere BANG!!! but the motor didnt skip a beat and its still spining so i was like must of been a rock coming off the tire or somethin. and my dads freinds start yellin at us to stop. so we did and pulled her into the shop. i walked out to inspect the half a tire we just left sittin thier when i seen a chunk of plastic. so i picked it up and walked back to the car and see a nice 1in or so hole in the hood. so i poped the hood and see that the plastic fins on the alternater are gone. my dads friends that were watchin said it must of shot out of that hood a good 10ft. so i need a new hood and alternater now. but its all good cause it happens. :lol: ill get a pic of it soon as i can

HighwayJunkie

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 20, 2009
Medina, Ohio
OOPS is right :shock: , I had an alternator do that with a pulley on an s10 I had, sheared the pulled clean off and shot it into the hood! Nice size dent to remember it by......

1bad84

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 1, 2009
none
i guess i should ad that its a fider glass hood and we were reved out at i would have to say like 5000 or somabe more mabe less.

Minion1186

G-Body Guru
Apr 12, 2009
hmm,no more burnouts for me,i dont like plastic shrapnel and well ventilated hoods!lol I never would have expected somethin like that to happen,i' expect the transmission to go,or the rear to take a hike on you,but not the alternator fins.

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
the guy i bought my elky from had another elky setup for drag only. it was friggin sweet! a few days after he sold me the car i saw him and he asked if i remembered his other car. i said hea that thing is sweet! well he said not any more, i blew the engine doing a burnout in front of the house... that SUX!

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
that's awesome! could have been a lot worse! live and learn, can't wait for the pictures

turbo78

Greasemonkey
Nov 1, 2009
billings, montana
so i get my car done and im revving to go drive it, its a weekend and the courthouse is closed so i put the plates off my 78 malibu wagon on my new flatblack 78 tudor and decide to go for a drive... not truly realizing how much less the new car weighs than the 3900lb wagon i just cast away. turning onto the main strip i gently give the go pedal a nudge and im sideways. cop right there, ya know. so i just mosey into the adjecent parking lot and wait for the popo."do you know why i pulled you over?" no, uhuh, no idea... im thinking... "you were a little bit in the wrong lane back there" duh sh*t i about crapped my self...im thinking....well, long story short he said this doesnt look like a station wagon, and in all my infinite wisdom, i blurt out "well, it only took about 3 months to do all the body work to turn the wagon into a tudor" i got the ticket, and now the car is legit, ill never do that again... :blam:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor