Buyer Beware!

Status
Not open for further replies.

87GP

Greasemonkey
Jul 15, 2006
BUYER BEWARE! when dealing with Robert Hernandez of rareelcos on eBay!

I recently bought a set of aluminum brake drums from him on ebay. Paid something like $65 + $12 shipping. After a few weeks I get this busted up box with one drum. I waited a few days thinking he shipped each one seperately. I emailed him to ask and after a day or two he responded telling me they were both in the same box. When I complained that I only received one, his response was "something sounds fishy, how could he put 2 in the box and I only get one?" Like I'm a theif! Maybe if this guy packed them in a better, stronger box they may have survived the trip from california to ny. So I sent him pics of the resealed broken box and so far after 3-4 days he hasn't answered me. So $75 later I have one drum.
He thinks its my fault?! How could that be? I paid what he asked and he packed and shipped. I have no control over how he packs or ships and he offers no insurance.
The screwed up thing is this guy has just about any elco/malibu part you could want, but he doesn't care what happens after he has your $$$!
Best advice is buy from him only if you really can't find it elswhere and only pay what you can afford to lose because he won't accept any responsibility when a problem arrises.

Report this to E-Bay. And I wouldn't buy without insurance anyways. I hate to say it, but that is one of their ways of getting u conned. Too many scammers in the world.

That's just it! He won't insure packages. he ships everything by the cheapest, slowest USPS service available. And on the buyer's end you have no control over how he sends it.

I think UPS(United Parcel Service) comes with $100 insurance. But Parcel Post from USPS(United States Postal Service) requires an additional fee for insurance. I check again and see.

F'd again! USPS requires insurance to be purchased, nothing is included as it is with UPS.

Leave him neg feedback and file a complaint with PayPal, if you paid that way. Also file a report with ebay. Time to stop the scammers.

I personally want the cheapest route to me. Why enrich the USPS with my money?

I agree with Tony_SS. Negative feedback, doesn't seem to do much IMHO.

If you did Paypal, report to them. Sometimes they will freeze a scammer's account. It saved me a few times in ordering parts for customer's vehicles.

Most states have online business complaint forms for their attorney generals. Just do a search for California and see what you come up with. I did this for a purchase in Iowa once, with good results. All it usually takes is an e-mail to the seller telling them you are going to contact their attorney general, and they often make good on the purchase, especially if it is a business and not an individual, because if the business does not respond to an inquiry from the attorney general, they can be closed down.

Too many of these sellers think that once the package leaves their door, they no longer have responsibilty to the buyer. A respectable and reputable seller will always make good with their customers. If one of those drums got lost along the way, they were obviously inadequately packed, and that is the seller's responsibility.

-UT-

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor