@#*%!! cable issues again

Status
Not open for further replies.

85ss808

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 2, 2010
Kapolei, HI
So I got my speedo cable fixed, take her out for a little test drive, pull back in to the driveway to pop the hood, and end up breaking the hood release cable off at the handle :evil: Needless to say, I'm in the market for a new replacement cable. Found one at Dixie Monte Carlo Depot but they want 45 bucks for it!!! Anyone have any other sources or had any luck with replacements?

chevy2480

Royal Smart Person
Apr 28, 2010
williamstown nj 08094
Bought one on ebay in the past cheap.

supkylesup

Master Mechanic
Mar 7, 2010
Toledo, OH
sorry to hear about the cable but i may be able to help
if this is what your looking for let me know i dont need it and it does work
4c8a69b0.jpg

cd91030e.jpg

85ss808

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 2, 2010
Kapolei, HI
RITTER said:
I got mine at Pull-A-Part for like $4

Not expecting much from a junkyard on an island-- but I'm still gonna look.

supkylesup-
Thanks for the offer- I'll let you know if I might need it. Hopefully not though- the shipping to me might not be worth it.

85ss808

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 2, 2010
Kapolei, HI
Anyone got an idea for how to get the hood to release with a broken cable? I managed to get it out of the little housing piece that mounts behind the kick panel, but clamping on to the inner cable with a vice grips and pulling like crazy isn't doing anything for popping it- any other ideas?

Aaron88SS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 31, 2011
Indpls, IN
You may have to remove your kick panel find the other side of the cable and be gentle with a pair of pliers. You may have to strip some of the plastic because you need to pull the actual cable.

85ss808

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 2, 2010
Kapolei, HI
Aaron88SS said:
You may have to remove your kick panel find the other side of the cable and be gentle with a pair of pliers. You may have to strip some of the plastic because you need to pull the actual cable.

Tried exactly that-- pulling on the "actual" cable does nothing

Aaron88SS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 31, 2011
Indpls, IN
Your pulling directly on the wire? If thats not working you may have to get closer to the latch and do the same thing. That means reaching through the wheel well and cutting it and trying it that way.
:doh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor