Came up with a new interior idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokertramp

G-Body Guru
Aug 10, 2008
I have that fake plastic wood in my 82 Regal and I hate it. The driver side cracked so I am going to redo EVERYTHING!!! Right now the interior is tan and blue. I plan on going 2 tone black and orange or black and yellow, still not sure what I am painting the outside.

I am also going to redo the door panels and make speaker pods for them, smooth out the whole bottom and paint them, the tops I will reupholster.

Now here comes the idea I had. Where the fake wood was including on the dash along the passenger side and the old carpeted part on the doors, I was going to put stainless steel. Now I have upped it one and now I plan on putting Plexiglas BEHIND the stainless steel and have it lighted whatever color I decide to go, either orange or yellow. My main problem is lighting up the background, what is the best way to go about this? LED's are usually directional and I want it to light up all the way around.

Anyone have any ideas?

If you put a hole in the 'glass behind the stainless and put a light in the hole it might light up all the way around :?:

2000.malibu.ls

Royal Smart Person
May 11, 2008
Lake City, Florida
frost what would be cool, would be to frost the glass, maybe with some kinda text, like write regal or something, so that when the light passes by the word regal, the frosted glass lights up. that would be bad *ss

crappycutlass

Master Mechanic
May 28, 2007
didnt newer reg's come with non wood grain and the words lit up on the dash?... if i recall from many years ago my 1st regal did..

i MIGHT even still have the dash somewhere in the back of our garage.

pokertramp

G-Body Guru
Aug 10, 2008
crappycutlass said:
didnt newer reg's come with non wood grain and the words lit up on the dash?... if i recall from many years ago my 1st regal did..

i MIGHT even still have the dash somewhere in the back of our garage.

No kidding????? Bastards thought of everything, didn't they,lol.......

I might not even do the stainless. As the other person said with frosted that is a good idea too. I may just sandblast a piece of plexiglas and light it up that way.

I got most of my panels painted some are cracked and dried out so I will either fix them and repaint them ar get newer ones.

SBCregal

Master Mechanic
Jan 22, 2006
same here, i had an 87...regal lit up
and the surround trim looked like brushed stainless

Geesie

Master Mechanic
Feb 15, 2008
San Diego
I guess they started the glowing thing in 85, my 84 doesn't have it. I'd really like those of you who have that to tell me how it's done (and pictures maybe?) - see if I can rig it on my fake wood trim dash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor