Camino-wagon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wants_a_wagon

Greasemonkey
May 14, 2009
I assume this vehicle uses El Camino doors grafted into the wagon, and some two-door interior stuff.

Am I correct?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290318337336
Chevrolet : Malibu
Buy It Now price:
$4,500.00Buy It Now
End time: May-25-09 15:43:32 PDT
Add to watch list | See similar items
!BSsfWOgBGk~$(KGrHgoH-CsEjlLltsWbBKEdzcs6BQ~~_12.JPG

patmckinneyracing

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX
Are those rally rims on that car used on the late 70's and early 80's g bodies? I've seen them a lot on malibu's and was curious cause they're a very nice touch.

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
patmckinneyracing said:
Are those rally rims on that car used on the late 70's and early 80's g bodies? I've seen them a lot on malibu's and was curious cause they're a very nice touch.
Those are early 70's Camaro, Corvette, and Monte Carlo rallys.

2000.malibu.ls

Royal Smart Person
May 11, 2008
Lake City, Florida
ive got reproduction rallyes on my cutlass, and my grandpas 'bu has wheels identical to those.

Wants_a_wagon

Greasemonkey
May 14, 2009
Did you see the tailgate?
!BSsfflgCGk~$(KGrHgoH-DgEjlLl0b,6BKEd0O4cog~~_12.JPG

That's not uncommon, but the trim is a nice 50s touch.

If he went to all that trouble, he should have frenched the plate into the bumper, though.

gprimm

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 19, 2008
Bolingbrook, IL
If you have questions on the car, the fella who did the work and owned the car is Mike and lives in Canon' City, CO. I saw the car in person as he is the owner of the 1978 wagon from whom my son bought his wagon (www.chevelle-club.com / feature cars). Very nice Chevy owner and I spoke with him last week. He did the work himself including making the SS stipes on the tailgate. He modified the doors himself, if I recall. A retired engineer.

He had the "Nomad" for sale when we went to look at the wagon (day before dropping my son off at the Air Force Academy) and he ended up selling it to the fella in Joliet, which is 10 miles from where we live. What are the chances of 2 cars from the same owner ending up within 10 miles from each other in IL? He had 2 more.

George Primm
Bolingbrook, IL.

expter

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 20, 2008
camino wagon

Yup, and now its for sale on craigslist in mpls. started at $8500, now down to $5995. what do ya know it still has no plates.

78 Green Lemans

Apprentice
Aug 15, 2009
Penticton BC Canada
Wants_a_wagon said:
Did you see the tailgate?
!BSsfflgCGk~$(KGrHgoH-DgEjlLl0b,6BKEd0O4cog~~_12.JPG

That's not uncommon, but the trim is a nice 50s touch.

If he went to all that trouble, he should have frenched the plate into the bumper, though.

Where do you get a set of the rear window hinges to eliminate the air vane/wing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor