Camry Accord or Legacy

Status
Not open for further replies.

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
I am looking for a replacement for the 2003 Impala wifey has been driving for the last 7-1/2 years. The IMP has been a great car but she says she wants a change ( you know the saying ...happy wife-happy life ). She wants this car to have all the bells and whistles ( leather, moonroof, nav, heated seats, ect.. ) plus more power than the Imp has. Probably will own this car for the next 7-10 years. I am a cheap b*st*rd so no new cars. Likely something off lease or trade in 3 years or newer ( low kms, maybe some factory warrenty left ) and try to stay within her appx $20k budget.

I have narrowed it down to 3 + 1 choices ( I want a G8gt but but not for her to DD ), she looked a friends AWD Fusion Sport but didnt like the "look" of if so its not on the list.

Probably going to pull the trigger this summer when the 2014 models start coming out.

My #1 pick - 2010+ Subaru 3.6R
256hp 6cyl, AWD, nicely equipped. Less power and a little more thirsty than the other 2 but I love the AWD and the fact that its neither a Honda or Toyota.

#2 2011+ Accord EX-L V6
271 hp v6. FWD, nicely equipped

#3 2011+ Camry XLE
268hp, v6, FWD nicely equipped

Anyone else have some insight to these 3 cars or any others I may mave overlooked. Not interested in anything from Dodge, Hyundai or Kia .

Blake B

Greasemonkey
Aug 25, 2011
KS
i test drove the Subie (2012) i liked it, can't beat the AWD. drove smooth and firm. Subaru really seem to hold their value and seem durable enough. but it wasn't as MPG friendly (can't have your cake and eat it too) as the wifey wanted (she has a lead foot) so we went another route but i'd get it. the Nissan Altima's are another car i liked.

hurst1979olds

G-Body Guru
Feb 19, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
A neighbor friend of mine, his wife drives one and she loves it. Hers is all decked out and is a really nice car. My wife drives a Jeep Grand Cherokee and I will probably get a Subaru for her when the time comes, The AWD is what sells me.

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
idk how old you'd look at but 2000+ pontiac bonneville SSEI's have the supercharged 3800 which are both fast and bulletproof. have all the bells and whistles (sunroof, heated and power seats, etc) and are much more sharp than any of those cars. also cheaper im sure

00129261990011-480.jpg

hurst1979olds

G-Body Guru
Feb 19, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Peter said:
idk how old you'd look at but 2000+ pontiac bonneville SSEI's have the supercharged 3800 which are both fast and bulletproof. have all the bells and whistles (sunroof, heated and power seats, etc) and are much more sharp than any of those cars. also cheaper im sure

Its a poor picture, it was taken the last time my parents came out to visit, but this is my dads SSEI he bought it last year. He likes it alot. Its not a V8 but it does have alot of "pep" to it.

Attachments

• 600056_3385445236187_679662784_n.jpg
    600056_3385445236187_679662784_n.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 748

timo22

G-Body Guru
Sep 10, 2012
St. Louis,Mo
As much as I hate to admit it,I do not think you can beat a Camry. My company leases 4 Camrys every 3 years starting in 97. Other than a recall on the gas pedal, which I never had fixed, not one problem EVER.. I have a 2010 with a 4 cyl and it has no problem getting up to speed and gets great gas mileage on top of it all...My 2 cents ...Tim

whitey

Greasemonkey
Dec 6, 2007
Ontario Canada
move to japan and drive one of these piles , support this side of the world .... the hell is wrong with you people ? ohh my camry is so goood the honda never breaks etc. gimme a break. :wtf:

you need to pull the trigger all right , you just need to rethink the target :blam:

tc1959

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 23, 2009
Surprise AZ.
timo22 said:
As much as I hate to admit it,I do not think you can beat a Camry. My company leases 4 Camrys every 3 years starting in 97. Other than a recall on the gas pedal, which I never had fixed, not one problem EVER.. I have a 2010 with a 4 cyl and it has no problem getting up to speed and gets great gas mileage on top of it all...My 2 cents ...Tim
Tell that to Kyle Bush... :lol:

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
Oh Whitey, you always have the most intelligent things to say. Perhaps you should get off the soapbox and do some reading. All 3 cars are made in the USA. I read somewhere that the Camry has the highest amount of N American domestic parts used and manufactured of any car currently made in N.America.

Peter and Timo she has been in a Wbody for the last 7.5 years ( it will actually be 8 years come this April since we got the Impala ). She loves the Imp but wants something different. In lieu of a raise she will be getting a small car allowance at her crappy job so I may as well get her in some new wheels and Re-lease her something newer with a low buyout over 48 months so I can write it off thru my business :twisted:

May take a look at the Altima Again. We had a rental Altima with the CVT for 9 weeks while my van was in the bodyshop and neither of us liked driving it. It felt too light and the CVT was weird

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
do not buy a nissan

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor