Camry Accord or Legacy

Status
Not open for further replies.

timo22

G-Body Guru
Sep 10, 2012
St. Louis,Mo
Ummm...knew that was coming...as axisg stated,welcome to the global economy..these cars provide a living for countless Americans. With some people,you just can't win..if you buy a car from the big 3 ,then they say the greedy executives take all of the profit..I can't help it that the us car manufacturers made a lot of junk in the late 70s and the 80s. They are the ones that opened the door, not me...BTW, I have never bought anything but gm products in my life! Had about 30 of them so far! Timo22

azmalibuwagon

Master Mechanic
Sep 18, 2009
Phoenix
My favorite is the Subaru, but you're not going to go wrong with any of those three. Let the wife drive try them out and then get the one she likes the best, regardless of her reason. Like you said, happy wife, happy life :D

88cscb

Greasemonkey
Jan 2, 2013
PA
We've owned both an 08 accord v6 and a 2010 Camry se. The accord was ok, drove similar to the w body impala, we found the se Camry more fun to drive....it was an se, an LE trim will handle more floaty. IMHO you can't go wrong with either, both are surprisingly large on the inside and have a lot more legroom in e backseat than a w body. Not drinking he koto laid on the subie, not a fan of he boxer engine. Good luck with your search

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Speaking strictly from a reliability standpoint:
1. Camry
2. Accord
3. Legacy

Nov 4, 2012
My family has always been purist gm, until recently, we all know how jacked up the prices are on new gm vehicles. My dad bought a 2004 Camry LE new, and it hasn't given us an issue since. It's really reliable, and I kind of want it when he's done with it. My aunt bought a 2008 Camry LE and loves it just as much, hasn't given her any issues. Honda is essentially the same as Toyota when it comes to everything except price, Honda is pricier. And I don't know my head from my *ss when it comes to subarus.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
In order of ease to work on:
1. Legacy
2. Camry
3. Accord

85Supreme

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2009
Get the Subaru or a Camry.
The awd is great

My dad has had his 2012 Camry SE 4cyl. For a year now. 40k miles in less than a year and no problems. Has some pep for a 4cyl and the paddle shifters are fun to use.

dogsht

Royal Smart Person
Nov 11, 2008
Dayton, OH
The Subaru is a good pick. She would definitely like the safety & confidence the awd inspires. Subies are built well and you don't meet yourself coming and going at every corner like you do in a Hondota. The boxers are reliable but If you keep it past the powertrain warranty I would buy an extended warranty as I would not want to find a good shop and fund the rebuild of boxer that went bad.

Yea I would pull the trigger on one of the last G8s! The LS3 rocks, is fuel efficient for its power and has the bugs worked out. It also handles and is nicely appointed. Yea I know her car.

Nissan needs to solve the rust issues. Friend is a Nissan body man.. according to him you don't want one.

On that issue.. assembled here and profits and control going back to Japan etc is not the same as buying a domestic. I try to shop buy domestic first if I can't meet my needs then I will shop furrin.

Might surprise you but bang for the buck and quality.. I recently rented a Chrysler 200. It looked & felt nice was appointed well accelerated rode and handled well, was quiet and less money than what you pay for from the main foreign car companys. Its not a G8 but for the wifey and money. Chrysler is on a major upswing and has been doing really well the last 4 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor