can any1 help a fellow olds lover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
85 2tone said:
ok its 307 and i dunno if the carb has ever been rebuilt but would i take the car to a shop and ask them 2 do what to diagnose it correctly cause i dont know anything about fixing cars oh yea the carb is electric
Proper capitalization and a period every once in a while wouldn't hurt! Reading this it come across like it was written by a hyperactive kid who has just been given a heavy dose of amphetamines washed down with an espresso chaser.

Anyhow, check to see that the AIR system is not leaking. A leaky hose or fitting in the air injection system will cause the problem you describe.

85 2tone

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 26, 2009
gastonia,nc
well ima get a tune-up tomorrow ill let yall know if the prob persist and can anyone tell m how to put pics of my car under my post

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
Don't know if this would work or not, but it's easy to do. To see if it is the cam, couldn't he hook up a vacuum gauge and watch the needle? If it is fluttering around, I would think that would indicate a bad cam.

get a chevy.

Probably the worst advice to help diagnose a problem I have ever heard :roll:

High Roller

Greasemonkey
Aug 25, 2009
Cowtown USA, MN
Today's oils anyone can lose a flat tappet cam if your not careful.

Funny i always heard it was the Chevy's with cam problems. My '83 Hurst never had a cam issue, but then again I drove it hard everyday, and would give it a tune-up every year, and changed the oil every 2,500 miles. It has 325M on the 307 when I parked it, after getting rear ended by damn lady eating grapes.

85 2tone

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 26, 2009
gastonia,nc
well fellows i got the tune up had my carb rebuilt and everythings fine except when im at a red light wih my foot on the brake the choke light comes and the car feels as if it is going to cut off but it dosent but it just feels like it is my man said he needed to set the choke is that true or is it something else

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor