HELP Can Cadillac seats be installed in a G-body?

jhjohnson

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 25, 2023
Does anyone know if Cadillac Deville seats from 85-93 can be installed in a G-body?

Last edited:

86 Salon

Apprentice
Mar 14, 2021
Any seat can be installed in any car with enough fabrication! Chances are that it won't be a direct bolt in. The easiest way would be to use the G body tracks and adapt them to the Cadillac seat.

Reactions: 2 users

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Most GM seats interchange well. I have never tried Cadillac seats but I don't see why they would be much different.

Reactions: 2 users

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Check the width of the seats in the Cadillac. I wanted to swap seats from an early '90s Pontiac Bonneville SSEi into my Monte Carlo, and because of the width of the Bonneville seats, there wasn't enough room between the console and the door, for the Bonneville seats to fit. If you have a split bench seat car, something like that might possibly work.

Reactions: 5 users

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas
Same guy from Reddit?

Reactions: 1 user

jhjohnson

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 25, 2023
Most GM seats interchange well. I have never tried Cadillac seats but I don't see why they would be much different.
Would anything be different with mounting them to the full bench seat bracket bolt pattern(not the 60/40 seat) on my car?

Last edited:

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas

jiho

Royal Smart Person
Jul 26, 2013
Would anything be different with mounting them to the full bench seat bracket bolt pattern(not the 60/40 seat) on my car?
The Deville seats are buckets. They have two tracks per seat. Your bench only has the outboard tracks. You are missing the brackets welded to the floorwell that the inboard tracks bolt onto. So yeah, this is not much different than the situation that you would encounter with any buckets, including the "correct" G-body buckets. However, the spacing between inboard and outboard tracks can be different, for example, in 3rd Gen F-bodies the spacing is narrower. You can get the brackets to weld in, but they are shaped to fit the floorwell shape exactly where G-body track spacing expects them. If the track spacing is different, or you just don't want to weld the brackets in, some kind of adaptation will be required.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor