Carb adapter....

Status
Not open for further replies.

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
I am trying to put a 350 CFM HOLLEY 2 barrel on my 3.8, and I can not seem to find an adapter plate for it.

Does anyone know where I can get on or does anyone have one?

KrisW

G-Body Guru
Oct 24, 2007
Lakeland, FL
I don't think that your carburetor is big enough for your engine.

That being said, you can get the adapter you need by calling Jeg's or Summit. Their tech guys are always nice to me when I have weird requests like yours.

Good luck; and later on switch to a small four barrell if you're looking to upgrade. 390 Holleys are a little small, I usually jet down a 500 Carter AFB or similar.

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
well according to the math, that is the right size carb. but WHY are you putting a new carb on a v6? is there any reason you can't rebuild the old one?

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
I am putting a new carb on because mine dumps a ton of fuel. I had the 2 barrel Holley so I want to put it on my engine, and I really don't want to mess around with that computer controlled junk DualJet that was on it. I think that upgrading from a 210 CFM to a 350 CFM will be plenty for that little old 3.8

I talked to Summit tech person and they said that they don't show anything.

KrisW

G-Body Guru
Oct 24, 2007
Lakeland, FL
I'm not a huge fan of the dual jet, either.

I think I would be looking at the late 70's intake and carb setup that ran a rochester 2 gc carb. It's a great 2 bbl.

I ran that setup on a skyhawk and an older century. It's a junkyard setup that can be had pretty cheap.

ryanwitski

Master Mechanic
Nov 5, 2006
OH
The CC Q-jet is a real pain, I agree. I gave up and just ripped the computer out (don't suggest it at all).

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
Oh yeah and by the way definately not trying to get any performance out of this engine, just trying to fix my terrible gas mileage problem.

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor