Carb adapter....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
Unfortunately, the GM Dualjet for computer cars was nothing like the one for non computer applications. Essentially, they just chopped the carb off at the secondaries and figured "Good Enough!" The older Dualjet looks just like a Quadrajet but has solid metal in back instead of secondaries. So, it may very well be that no one makes an adapter for this intake. You may get lucky and find a non computer 2 bbl intake on an older 70's even fire Buick V6 and be able to use that with the adapter. Look at pretty much anything that isn't a Chevy or Cadillac from around 1976-1981 for possible donors. There is also a 4 bbl intake GM used with this engine on some G bodies ( I have seen a GP with it factory) and all B bodies when equipped with the 4.1 liter variant of this engine and there are Quadrajet adapters around. So, that may be another avenue to explore. Honestly though, I would just put a V6 Quadrajet on it if I found a complete setup rather than the Holley. Set up right it is tough to beat for fuel economy and power.

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
If I am going to go through the trouble of replacing the intake, I will just find a used 4 barrel intake and put the adpater and 2 barrel on that.

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
Not to thrilled about another used carb. I thought having it rebuilt, does anyone know how much it would cost, I am not going to attemp that on my own. I have rebuilt edelbrocks and Holleys but these computer controlled carbs scare me :shock:

I also talked to a local shop here and he said they could make an adapter for me.

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
I took the base plate from my carb and the Holley gasket to a shop and they can't even make an adapter for it. :evil: I give up on trying to get this Holley on there. I think I'll just replace my needle and seat and put a new float in it and call it good.

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
So my Holley swap idea was squashed. I cleaned the dualjet up and the heater plate and reinstalled everything back onto the car and it runs better. It idles very high when you put it in park, but I just have to stab the throttle and it goes down. :roll:

I also replaced all the vacuum hoses, put a new thermostat in and took my fan off. After I replaceed the water and put a flex-fan on it, my car didn't blow out hot air, but it does now! :D I'm just going to run it without a fan for the winter and hopefully by the time spring comes and we start getting warm weather again, I'll have a SBC to replace the 3.8.

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
:D 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor