Carb. and intake help

Status
Not open for further replies.

MWA

Greasemonkey
May 4, 2009
MCDonough,GA
Does anybody have any good pics of there Olds 350 and how all the hoses/ vaccum lines are hooked up to an aftermarket carb. I trying to hook up a summit 600 street strip carburetor and eldelbrock intake. I really need some help. Can sombody lead me in the right direction? The Holley I had on it was not hooked up right at all.

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
Just tell us what you need hooked up and we'll tell you. Some pics would be very helpfull too so we can point out specifically what we're refering to. Keep in mind there's no one true 'correct' way to route your vacuum lines. All they are are lines that feed off of a vacuum port somewhere, so could be routed in many different ways. There are only a couple of lines ( which may not even apply to you ) that need to feed off of a particular port on the carb ( and not all carbs even have these ports ).

MWA

Greasemonkey
May 4, 2009
MCDonough,GA
Can anybody send me some pics of the proper way to reconnect the throttle cable and transmission cables?

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Aftermarket carbs lack the computer hookups. Original computer Quadra jet is the only carb that will work OK in a 83 Cutlass.

MWA

Greasemonkey
May 4, 2009
MCDonough,GA
I am not using the computer in my 83 cutlass. I have a 1969 Oldsmobile 350 with 7a heads. My transmission is a 350th. I want to run on carb. I have put on a summit 600 cfm carburetor and I have a 7111 edelbrock intake.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I assume you have a universal adjustable throttle/kick down cable bracket for a Holley style carb? If not, you will need one.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
The throttle cable goes in top, the passing cable the bottom. Just adjust the the brackets so you have full throttle on the carb pushing the pedal. Then depress the button on the kick down cable while going full throttle manually so the passing gear works as it should.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor