Carb rebuild and engine bay cleanup

Status
Not open for further replies.

techg8

Master Mechanic
Feb 29, 2012
RDKLXPRS said:
I was told by MPS that they can only set the carb back to OEM specs because the computer pretty much runs the carb. What could i do to get more power AND better fuel economy out of the carb?

IF youre keeping the CCC system

Leave the primaries alone - the computer will control those, and thats is where the fuel economy is.

On the secondary side, open the secondary air flap open distance by trimming the limiter tab, loosen the secondary flap spring to a setting of about 1/2 turn, put richer secondary rods in. Get a primary pulloff that opens in about 1.5seconds.

There is a big improvement to be had in the timing curve. Get a chip for your ECM from Hypertech. They really do work.

RDKLXPRS

Apprentice
Jan 19, 2013
Daytona Beach FL; Lexington NC
Just ordered a ZZ4 HO intake. Hope to get the car in the garage this week and the carb sent off to be rebuilt.

Anyone know what P/N gaskets i need for the intake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor