carb to tpi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all i was just wondering what would i need to do to make my cutlass a tpi instead of carbd, i no it involves the wiring harness but like fuel delivery wise like where can i get parts to covert my cutlass to electronic fuel pump?

When I TPI'ed my Cutlass I was told the 4.3 Monte tank and assembly was the one to use but the filler neck wouldn't fit in a Cutlass. So, I bought a new 4.3 Monte tank, a used 4.3 Monte float/pump assembly, and a Cutlass filler neck. I had a shop solder the Cutlass neck to the Monte tank. I replacecd the 4.3 in tank fuel pump with a new (86-92) Camaro pump. Perfect fit on both the tank and pump. I *think* I've heard the GN tank will fit a Cutlass but I can't verify.

You want to use either the 4.3 Monte or GN tank as the fuel injected models have baffles in the tank and carbed versions don't.

If you have any others questions, just ask or PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor