442 Caveat Emptor- 442 door emblems on fleabay

Status
Not open for further replies.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
There's a set of inside door panel emblems for the 442s that makes me go hmmm.

I have dealt with a couple of NOS parts throughout the years. I don't know everything, but I know a little.

What I don't know is why the seller, who usually is pretty straightforward and I've never seen them do this before, is trying to pawn off an obvious photocopy of an old pick tick as authentic to justify the asking price of said emblems.

What the seller also does not do, is show you the back side of the emblems. No closeups either. I have a feeling these MAY be reproduction emblems (which are pretty nice pieces, I must admit) trying to be pawned off as gennie GMs. Can't prove it, but something seems fishy.

I have some genuine GM door emblems. I'll have to dig them out and show what's real and what to look for.

I'm not accusing them of fraud, but where's the original pick tick? They could make 100 copies of it and sell 100 pairs of genuine "NOS" door emblems. I just don't trust those copies.

Reactions: 1 users

Red78Calais4speed

Greasemonkey
Feb 16, 2013
Leominster, Massachusetts
I have a pair that came off of a 1978 442 that I parted out years ago. The previous owner of the car had spray-bombed the entire interior with black paint including these emblems. I had cleaned them as best as I could but couldn't get the black out of the recesses. (Any suggestions?) The recesses should be red. I'm pretty sure these are the same door panel emblems that they used thru 1987. The GM part # on the back is 20083948.
DSCN0362.JPG DSCN0363.JPG

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor