Center Console and Bench Seat, ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
Since the car already has the brackets on the floor why not get a set of maroon Monte buckets and console and do it the easy way. The B&M shifter fits really nice in a Monte console. My 81 Malibu was originally a bench seat car.

View attachment 128017
I like that. Did you use a standard shifter, or one of the "console mount" part#'s? If so, which one... Camaro/Firebird?

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
I like that. Did you use a standard shifter, or one of the "console mount" part#'s? If so, which one... Camaro/Firebird?

Standard shifter, made the mount. I think theres pictures of the mount on the forum somewhere. I used a piece of thin cardboard to mock it up.

Reactions: 1 user

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
Standard shifter, made the mount. I think theres pictures of the mount on the forum somewhere. I used a piece of thin cardboard to mock it up.
Interior is really clean. If you come across the pics of the mount, I sure would like to see them.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Interior is really clean. If you come across the pics of the mount, I sure would like to see them.

Ask and you shall receive. The hardest part was getting the top of the shifter matched up with the be

This will give you a good idea of what it looks like. I didnt keep the mock up or the measurements. The hardest part is getting the shifter level with the console bezel.

stuff 011.jpg
stuff 009.jpg
stuff 004.jpg
stuff 005.jpg
stuff 006.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
That front bracket came from Mikes Montes. Its for a console without the factory shifter. I had to open up the front hole after everything was done to make room for the shifter cable. Something I found out after I had it all together. It was a huge DUH moment. Same with the micro switches and wiring.

IMG_2494.JPG
IMG_2495.JPG

Reactions: 1 users

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
Nice job on the install. Thanks for posting the pics. (y)

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Take a trip to the junkyard and see if you can find any mid 80's fwd midsize gm cars. This olds Firenza had a good looking period correct half console.

Attachments

• IMG_20190422_115953.jpg
    IMG_20190422_115953.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 191
Reactions: 1 users

gearhedjon

Apprentice
Dec 5, 2012
oak forest IL
Buick Regals and Toronado's both used 40 seats on both sides and used a unique console. It sat up tall, flat top that opened for storage and a water fall design that sloped down towards the dash. It was used on cars with column shift

DJHull

Master Mechanic
Apr 28, 2015
Lansing, Mi
That front bracket came from Mikes Montes. Its for a console without the factory shifter. I had to open up the front hole after everything was done to make room for the shifter cable. Something I found out after I had it all together. It was a huge DUH moment. Same with the micro switches and wiring.

View attachment 128176 View attachment 128177
Where did ypu get the reverse light switch and bulb socket???

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor