Center Console

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunter_alexander

Master Mechanic
Apr 29, 2008
Erie Pa
I actually have a nice console lid that I am looking to sell. I purchased a NOS one to replace the one on my 44k original mile car as the color was worn a bit on the original one. You can see in the pics. It is still super soft, not cracked or degrading in any way. Let me know if you are interested. I have purchased the repopped ones and was not impressed.

Attachments

• IMG_1668.JPG
    IMG_1668.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 163
  • IMG_1669.JPG
    IMG_1669.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 171
  • IMG_1670.JPG
    IMG_1670.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 161

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I actually have a nice console lid that I am looking to sell. I purchased a NOS one to replace the one on my 44k original mile car as the color was worn a bit on the original one. You can see in the pics. It is still super soft, not cracked or degrading in any way. Let me know if you are interested. I have purchased the repopped ones and was not impressed.
What was wrong with it? The grain, shape, feel and appearance looks to be great on them. I have a black one that was one of the first repops made and it has some slight flaws, but compared to the NOS one it seems to be a duplicate. I'm interested to know. Not many people have admitted to purchasing the repop version.

hunter_alexander

Master Mechanic
Apr 29, 2008
Erie Pa
( I answered in the other post but I will copy/paste what I wrote here just so no one misses it. )

I should have clarified in my previous post on why I didn't like the repops. To me the grain texture feels and looks good. They are not soft though like the originals, and the 3 I purchased before were warped, as in having a curve front to back so each end stuck up and didn't sit flush with the console bucket itself. Even after using the metal plate and hinge screwed to it.

Don't get me wrong, its great that they redid them, as those are one of the most ratted out parts I see on consoles and were sorely needed. I just wish they were made a little better for the price. That's why I went with NOS this time.

Kwyk85_442

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 15, 2019
That's the lid or door.
The Cutlass and Regal consoles have a bottom middle and then a soft cushion like top.(like what the door is made of)
What they call the top plate on the re-pops is actually the middle part

Yes, I appreciate the help but everyone keeps trying to sell me the lid. I have a brand new gray one, I need the top pad

paul.m

Master Mechanic
Oct 20, 2018
I may be interested , will that lid fit malibu console ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor