Challenger wing

Status
Not open for further replies.

celticsam

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 15, 2013
I'm looking at a cost effective option for a rear wing on my 85 Cutlass. The Challenger wing can be had for $75 on evil bay, and has the right "look". I'm not going for the true Hurst Olds look, as I am using louvers (ala 70 Nova SS) on the hood instead of the faux scoop. Anyone try one of these wings?

Neil

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Post a picture or link to the one you are referring to.

celticsam

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 15, 2013
I've seen this same wing a few times for $75 with free shipping (new)...this is the cheapest one on the bay right now...

Neil

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
I dont see that fitting well on any gbody aesthetic wise. If it was more square rather than curved it would look good but that one just doesnt. But if you could find a fiberglass one you could make it work 8)

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
X2 I don't see that fitting at all and it wouldn't be worth while to attempt to modify it either, you would be better off saving your money up for something closer in design to a factory style one.
There are plenty of inexpensive universal spoilers that are close to the Cutlass spoiler.

jociha

Master Mechanic
Oct 16, 2012
Go find a 3rd gen firebird,Trans Am spoiler, i think from about 1982 thru 1992. They are almost the same, all you need is to make a spacer on the bottom about 1/2" or buy the Hurst wing spacer and most people will not know the difference, or trim a bit off the wing tips and it will fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor