OLDS Cheap? Alleged '84 H/O Oklahoma City

Status
Not open for further replies.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Damn they put a pop up sun roof
I know a guy that bought a 86' T-Type new and did that and when he decided to sell it about 5 years ago I think he lost a lot of potential buyers and some money because of it.

Reactions: 2 users

Jakefromstatefarm

Master Mechanic
Feb 26, 2014
I just want the usual parts from it. (rear end and lightning rods)

I would be down to throw down on it if someone wanted some other parts off of it.

39F

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2019
Pittsburgh PA
I know a guy that bought a 86' T-Type new and did that and when he decided to sell it about 5 years ago I think he lost a lot of potential buyers and some money because of it.
I just sold a 85 regal month ago it had one leaked bad so I glued it shut ,alot of people really frowned upon it, kid who bought thought it was cool I looked at him funny when he said that🤣🤣

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
That roof probably has leaked for YEARS if I were to guess. Headliner it totally shot. May not even be able to get the LR's into first gear with so much rust you don't see under the console top. Wonder what the belly pans look like.

Interesting too, is that front bumper fascia is not missing. It's there. Or mostly there. it's just placed in there UPSIDE DOWN. Look on the driver side. You'll see the passenger side flap sticking up with the "cut" in the bottom flap where the spoiler piece covered it up. They did that at C&C most likely because that's what they did originally. They did a slight arc cut there to allow for better fitment of the air dam piece. They didn't really have to I don't think, but they did. Weird, the driver side piece, which is shown on the passenger side, doesn't appear to be cut, but perhaps someone missed that one. I dunno.

If they haven't plugged the trunk holes where the spoiler was, then there's an issue with water seeping in. That'll be fun. And I cannot tell if it still has the original hood. Again...holes where the hood scoop used to be. Not fun.

It needs EVERYTHING. If that's the original steery wheel, then it was built most likely in December 83 or early January 84. They had the small horn button like the 83s. Sometime in mid-January is the best guess for the change date on the horn button growing in size. Still trying to get the VIN break numbers on that to no avail.

Unless it has a posi, I wouldn't give you $3.00 for that rear end and 10 bucks for the shifters.

But if you THINK it's worth that sort of coin, by all means, knock yourself out.

Reactions: 1 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Curiosity got the best of me....

Drove the 40 miles this morning and looked at it. Surprisingly, the sheetmetal was relatively decent. Headliner shredded. Seats tired/dirty/worn. L/Rs were there and appeared to be complete, but weathered. Cluster intact, from what I could see, the interior was pretty much all there, albeit with some random pieces just laying in the car. H/O ornament on dash looked OK. Really didn't smell mousey, but it was sitting with doors open when I got there.

Underhood was a disaster...powerwashed yesterday, but intake and nooks and crannies still full of 7+ years "field car" debris. CCC plugs to carb appeared to be MIA? 6/8" "chrome" aftermarket air cleaner rusty lid, no sign of the original unit. A few signs of rodent activity. This car may have fared pretty well, as he had just sold a 72 Cutlass that was out there as well, and he said it was horrible.

Trunk floor solid, what I could see of the floorpans looked good. Beautiful 7.5" rear and factory sway bar still under it. The rear swap must have happened a long time ago, as it was obvious that it had been driven a bunch since it went in.

Hood scoop good, wing good, minor crack at one end. Header panel was junk, had DEEP bondo that had since come off, may have been pretty crushed and gooped back together. Front air dam MIA. Chrome SS wheels rusty, caps pitted.

I knew in about 90 seconds I wasn't going to be a player on it. Guy was nice, trying to help out an elderly friend clean up property for sale. Was very impressed by the red coupe (must have low standards lol). I was nice about the stuff that was wrong in the ad, and he seemed genuinely grateful for the added info, as he said he really didn't know anything about G bodies.

My late friend/mentor always told me "You have to go look at every one", and he was right. I knew as I left that if I hadn't, I would be wondering if I had missed out on a moneymaker, and now I know.

Reactions: 7 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
he seemed genuinely grateful for the added info, as he said he really didn't know anything about G bodies.
So did you tell him the difference between a factory power moonroof and a cheap aftermarket pop up sunroof?

Reactions: 1 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
So did you tell him the difference between a factory power moonroof and a cheap aftermarket pop up sunroof?
I did, he was posting what he was told.

Reactions: 1 user

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Hopefully just 1 now....

I can't decide if the rear being switched makes it more or less likely to get bought and parted out

Supposedly another guy was looking at it after I did. Maybe he was a dreamer and bought himself a "project"

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor