CL Find in Colorado Springs Pontiac Grand LeMans

Status
Not open for further replies.

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
heh... hopefully here in a few weeks, I will have my headers/duals on and a set of Rally II's (14x7's) up for grabs :)

-Gonz
Sorry, I already have them in 15’s:p
BA4DEA89-98E0-4082-98BE-E6C9DBF5846D.jpeg

And have the snowflakes in 15” as well!
BD1A36EA-75EA-446C-AD77-5D63C076CA9B.jpeg

going back to the original post, that is a gorgeous car, with the exception of vynil and red! now, if it were oxblood though, I could live with the marshmellow on the roof.

• Winner
Reactions: 4 users

84 El Camino 231

Apprentice
Nov 16, 2018
Nice! Needs red floor mats though! FWIW - I kinda like the 301, as I recall they wind up well. For some reason I remember them with a Thermoquad? But if you wanna keep the wheels you need a big block to go with them.

Reactions: 1 user
Nov 4, 2012
That is a gorgeous looking car and a nice price tag on it too.

• Agree

ItsnotaGN

G-Body Guru
May 28, 2016
Colorado
If it didn't have that vinyl top, I might have been heading for the Springs. I really like that black over red combo and a set of aftermarket 17" ralley II's would look killer in my humble opinion.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

rogue_ryder

Master Mechanic
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
Wow!!! Amazing find... But why would you 400 swap it? Stupid.
None the less an amazing survivor.

What's stupid about swapping an anemic 301 with a 400? I'm talking a Pontiac 400 not a 400 SBC (I agree that would be Stupid), a 400 would bolt right in (although it'd probably require some beefing up of the trans and rear end).

Valuing "Originality" is a personal preference but I don't see the need to retain originality in any Gbody other than a GNX maybe a GN if it was a low mile survivor. A time may come when Gbodies other than the low production number specials (GNX, GN, 2+2, 442, SS etc.) become "valuable" but that might take another 20+ years and there's a good chance that day may never come as it seems that Millennials value the bus, Uber and EVs over performance and the whole hobby/collector car thing seems lost on them.

One of the reasons (among several) that the Chevelle and to a lesser extent other GM Abodies are so collectable is that many of the boomers are very nostalgic for those cars because their parents owned those cars. In reality only LS6 454 Chevelle SSs should be expensive, but even 307 powered 4 doors that were total run of the mill appliances can be found with asking prices of $10K today. Today's young adults won't be as nostalgic for G-bodies is because the family cars were Dodge Caravans and Toyota Camrys and at the same time most of the hot performance cars were imports (RX7, Supra, M3, etc.), mostly because other than the Grand National GM was too slow to adopt EFI.

ItsnotaGN

G-Body Guru
May 28, 2016
Colorado
Why a 400? Because that way the kid on the big wheel at the end of the block won't be able to flip you off as he passes you laughing and pointing at the 301 badges...…….

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

79Lemans

Greasemonkey
Oct 23, 2015
Michigan
What's stupid about swapping an anemic 301 with a 400? I'm talking a Pontiac 400 not a 400 SBC (I agree that would be Stupid), a 400 would bolt right in (although it'd probably require some beefing up of the trans and rear end).

Valuing "Originality" is a personal preference but I don't see the need to retain originality in any Gbody other than a GNX maybe a GN if it was a low mile survivor. A time may come when Gbodies other than the low production number specials (GNX, GN, 2+2, 442, SS etc.) become "valuable" but that might take another 20+ years and there's a good chance that day may never come as it seems that Millennials value the bus, Uber and EVs over performance and the whole hobby/collector car thing seems lost on them.

One of the reasons (among several) that the Chevelle and to a lesser extent other GM Abodies are so collectable is that many of the boomers are very nostalgic for those cars because their parents owned those cars. In reality only LS6 454 Chevelle SSs should be expensive, but even 307 powered 4 doors that were total run of the mill appliances can be found with asking prices of $10K today. Today's young adults won't be as nostalgic for G-bodies is because the family cars were Dodge Caravans and Toyota Camrys and at the same time most of the hot performance cars were imports (RX7, Supra, M3, etc.), mostly because other than the Grand National GM was too slow to adopt EFI.

Pont 400 would be coool. But just being me I like Original cars. Getting really hard to find any Poncho's left original. All are ruined.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Pont 400 would be coool. But just being me I like Original cars. Getting really hard to find any Poncho's left original. All are ruined.
Ruined? It's still a Pontiac engine; it could be a .......... LS! :eek:
That alone makes easy to return it to it's anemic glory.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

spidereyes455

G-Body Guru
Mar 6, 2013
Northeastern PA
Mabey swapping in a v6 would be more acceptable. :ROFLMAO:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor