clutch rod hole location?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 28, 2009
LAKE PLACID FLORIDA
Can anyone out there tell me the exact location for the hole in the firewall for the manual clutch pushrod? Like maybe so many inches over from x bolt and so many inches down from X ? Thanks

Photo courtesy of John Bzdel:
CruiseHoleDimsjpg_Thumbnail1.jpg

....don't worry about all the dimensions and such as that is for a hydraulic master cylinder install, but the hole is in the same spot (will already be there if you have cruise control). The factory dimples are where the two screws went on factory manual g-bodies for the boot to screw into.

That pic is from the interior side of the firewall, not the engine bay, correct?

i have a 4 speed set up. just debating on what set up i should go with due to my long tube headers.

mech or hydraulic? i seen some conversions from novak. you just need a master cylinder. to go with that set up.

monte-n-313 said:
mech or hydraulic? i seen some conversions from novak. you just need a master cylinder. to go with that set up.

The factory GM hydraulics come complete with the master, line and slave as one unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor