Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Reactions: 1 users

Bonnewagon

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
THANK YOU!!!!!!! I love this site, njtileguy- you made my week! :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
9-3/4" from the garnish screw, and 2" up from the trim line, loaded with a thumb.
5CEADFC8-B902-45E3-89A4-4436DBC19103.jpeg
64D1E889-C535-4A78-A857-413D839CA954.jpeg
Suggest getting out the tiniest sewing needle you can find, take your best guess, then probe around until you find the hole in the metal. Then graduate to an awl once you are sure it it.

Reactions: 2 users

Bonnewagon

Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Suggest getting out the tiniest sewing needle you can find, take your best guess, then probe around until you find the hole in the metal. Then graduate to an awl once you are sure it it.
That was the plan. I just needed a location to narrow it down. Thanks ssn696!

Reactions: 1 user

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
I thought this was going to be about asking for pictures of rigged up exhaust
Or Radiators..seen it. 🤣

I still have them in my SS, where the cougars can hang their dress and re-live their high school days. I need the dome light cover tho haha.

20220817_194534.jpg

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Mark,
How did you do as far as the retention of headliner clips? Were you able to save as many as possible, and/or were you able to find replacements as needed?

Bonnewagon

Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Jack I had most of the ones that go over the doors. One I glued back together and it held. One is just the outer part and the molding snapped on to that. The ones that go up by the windshield are available- so none of those broke. The rearmost ones that go on the molding above the rear quarter glass were all broken so I drilled holes and used flat headed 1/4-20 screws to screw into the crevices that the clips would snap into. Same at the rear end. I just used 1/4-20 screws to screw into the clip slots. I painted them all with some SEM color coat that is my exact interior color [ Regal blue]. No one but one of us would wonder why there are flat screw heads on the moldings. ;)

Reactions: 1 users

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Jack I had most of the ones that go over the doors. One I glued back together and it held. One is just the outer part and the molding snapped on to that. The ones that go up by the windshield are available- so none of those broke. The rearmost ones that go on the molding above the rear quarter glass were all broken so I drilled holes and used flat headed 1/4-20 screws to screw into the crevices that the clips would snap into. Same at the rear end. I just used 1/4-20 screws to screw into the clip slots. I painted them all with some SEM color coat that is my exact interior color [ Regal blue]. No one but one of us would wonder why there are flat screw heads on the moldings. ;)
All and all. I'm glad you got it done....and it looks great.
Unfortunately, it looks like I'm going to have to redo mine. It's sagging in a few areas. I don't think I'll be able to just do a repair job on it. I'm more concerned with breaking clips rather than buying more fabric.

Bonnewagon

Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Jack is there a tool or procedure that safely un-clips those things? In other news a friend of mine swears by old-lady-hairspray to make repairs. He says to slice an opening with a razor blade then spray the hair spray in. Hold it closed with a rolled up towel and when it dries it is fixed for good. He says the cheapest most lacquer-y spray is the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor