Colorado emissions testing questions

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
I once mentioned Lubbock to my wife and that was a definite no for her. I think the least hot places in Texas are Marfa, Fort Davis and Alpine. That area is much more dry and a lot cooler than San Angelo. They are are all close to each other. Of those we did think of choosing Alpine as a place to live. Also gave thought to Sante Fe NM and Durango Co before deciding it was the front range of Colorado was what made the most sense for us. Anyway, it's a done deal now. We close on this house in Fort Collins on the 29th of this month.
I actually wondered about Canada as an option while exploring ideas a while back. I quickly saw that It isn't an an easy option for retired US citizens. https://money.usnews.com/money/retirement/baby-boomers/articles/how-to-retire-in-canada
Santa Fe has blown up like ....DAMN! I remember it being a small town 40 and 30 yrs ago. went back 9 yrs ago and said 'No Thanks!'

and Durango is kinda remote. I know what the wife would be saying about that

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Had relatives in Alpine until just recently. They just moved to a Vet's retirement compound somewhere because being there was easier than having to commute to Austin for various health related reasons. They liked the region, lots of deer. Never mentioned anything allergy related. Some tumbleweeds but mostly dry.

Nick

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Santa Fe has blown up like ....DAMN! I remember it being a small town 40 and 30 yrs ago. went back 9 yrs ago and said 'No Thanks!'

and Durango is kinda remote. I know what the wife would be saying about that

There is also a lot of homeless people in Santa Fe and it gets colder than Denver. Many people don't realize that Santa Fe is a higher elevation than even Denver. They don't have gutters in Santa Fe because the ice dams get so bad their weight pulls the gutters down. Durango is a scuzzy town that has tons of druggies and tweakers. Just went to old town there a couple of weeks ago and saw two different crazy guys on different blocks just yelling curses into the air.

Reactions: 1 user

roger1

G-Body Guru
Aug 23, 2010
San Angelo, TX
Update.
We made the move and have been here at our new residence in Fort Collins, Colorado area one month now. We went to the DMV yesterday and got our vehicle title transfers and registrations done. No problems and no emissions inspections needed just like the map shows. Just put the new plates on the El Camino.

CUWZiNl.jpg

w8Tii7W.jpg

Our property in Texas is on the market now. I don't think I'll get a chance to miss my gas station themed workshop since my new workshop is so large. It's going to take me a while to make it my own. It's 40X80 with a 16ft ceiling and two 14X12 doors. Neatest feature is the heated floor. It stays at 67-68 degrees 24 hours a day through the winter.

LbgL0go.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 11 users

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Matches my future priorities as well. 4000 sf shop with all the bits laid out for each project and a 600 sf house that I can clean in an hour.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor