Convert 87 cutlass supreme w/euro front clip to older style front

Status
Not open for further replies.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I just measured the bumper to A/C condenser and A/C condenser to the split where the header panel meets the bumper cover on both the 87 and 85.

I was wrong. You actually seem to have 1/4" to maybe a 1/2" more clearance behind the 87 grille than the 85 grille. I'm thinking if you're needing that much more clearance, you're already maxing out your space in there as it is.

Bumper to A/C condenser is about 8.5" clearance on either. About 9.75" condesner to the split on the 87, about 9.25-9.5" on the 85. It's about the same distance to the bottom inner corners of the headlight bezels. So, I'm thinking you shouldn't have much issue.

Reactions: 1 users

buckcity614

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 27, 2022
I just measured the bumper to A/C condenser and A/C condenser to the split where the header panel meets the bumper cover on both the 87 and 85.

I was wrong. You actually seem to have 1/4" to maybe a 1/2" more clearance behind the 87 grille than the 85 grille. I'm thinking if you're needing that much more clearance, you're already maxing out your space in there as it is.

Bumper to A/C condenser is about 8.5" clearance on either. About 9.75" condesner to the split on the 87, about 9.25-9.5" on the 85. It's about the same distance to the bottom inner corners of the headlight bezels. So, I'm thinking you shouldn't have much issue.
Thank you very much for that information i was genuinely worried about try8ng ir and it not working due to clearance

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor