Corrrect Carb For An '87 El Camino

Status
Not open for further replies.

quickstage1

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 12, 2017
Elkton, MD
My uncle just gave one of my sons his 1987 El Camino for his first car. It has not been driven in a few years but it is in good shape. It's a 305 and some where along the line he replaced the original ccc carb with a non ccc carb from a 78 Corvette. The distributor is still original, all he did was unplug the connectors to the carb and swap in the new carb. It runs rough and I'll have to get it through emissions so I want to go back to the original type ccc carb. The original is long gone. Does anyone know the part number of the one I need for it? I want to find one to rebuild.

Thanks

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
17087130 first design or 17087306 second design ... these are for VIN H

17087129 for VIN G

First /second design is solely determinable by the stamping on the OE carb

These are production carb numbers, there are service carbs that carry different numbers

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
You will also want a GM AC/Delco carb mounting gasket, aftermarket gaskets tend to split.

quickstage1

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 12, 2017
Elkton, MD
Wow. Thanks for the quick response guys. That's a huge help. I'll check the VIN and start looking for a rebuildable core.

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor