corvette wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony_SS

Royal Smart Person
Oct 14, 2006
Missouri
Some of those spacer/adapters can cost more than the wheels! Insane...

Here's a reasonable place though
http://www.adaptitusa.com/

Or just get a 12 bolt rear and that'll lessen the spacer needed out back. :)

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
one of the things i dont like about adaptitusa.com is that they aren't wheel and hub-centric. they also don't have different sizes. i'm going to get a quote from them, but going custom will increase the price quite a bit.

thanks for the corvette guys link. for some reason the 17x8.5 size has dissappeared from everywhere else. what do you guys think of this colr/style? http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/yhst-29787441116698_1978_11767196 the car is silver right now but will eventually be going a very dark grey or maybe dark blue.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
Not too bad. In my opinion, go with dark blue, it's more dramatic looking. Grey is just too rental car looking. I am using a early 2000's GM dark blue with purple in it on mine. BMW used a similar color on the 3 series in the last year or two of the former body style which looks good too.

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
i mean more of a epoxy primer gray or charcoal type color. i think i know the bmw blue you're talking about, it is nice my brothers fiance has a 2004? accord in a dark semi metallic blue that i might use. i am also seriously considering using a flat clear coat instead of gloss.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
The thing about flat paint is that it is a current fad, but limits the car's appeal. I tend to do cars with paint that will have a long-lasting appeal since it is very time and money intensive to re-do it if it goes out of style. I would make it look like a nice car in a nice, but subdued color. That way, if you ever want to sell it, it has appeal to a broad range of people. Plus, making it look nice and not trendy will make it less of a cop-magnet as they will see it as a nice older car and not some "boy-racer's" car. Say you did an import car. I will use my favorite, the original Sentra SE-R. What gets more respect from more people: one that has good white paint with good body work and nice wheels, but not overdone, or one with a big body kit, over-lowered, fart can and flat black paint? The second will get more tickets, even if it is driven more responsibly.

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
honestly i haven't seen any flat-painted cars other than the epoxy paint.
i also look at it this way, the color won't fade as easily, scratches won't show up as well and maintenance will be easier. mostly i just want a dark, almost stealthy looking car. :twisted:
besides a car that's lowered, loud (not excessivly but it sure isn't stock sounding), with 17/18in rims and low profile tires is going to attract cops no matter what color. besides i don't care about selling the car or trends or fashion. if other people like it that's just a bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor