Could a Canadian member check a GM part # for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I was wondering if any Canadian member out there would check a part # with their local GM dealer/ parts house?
Using computer location network, they can check if a particular part is in their nationwide network and what dealer would have it in stock.,,if any.
I found a part that way yesterday thanks to my local Chevy dealer which restored my faith.. :wink:

At any rate, if someone would be kind enough to check this number for me, I'd greatly appreciate it.

#20674356- It's a RH front window run channel. I just located the LH side which is being shipped to me as we speak.

BTW, if they might happen to have part #20674357, which is a LH side, I could use that and modify that to work.

Thank you!

Hello Jack

Sorry I didn't get to you earlier. I called a GM dealer here and he tells me no such luck in Canada here. I even tried for the LH side and was told sorry no go. Not sure maybe someone else has better contacts then what I just got.

Thanks for looking into that for me Kevin.
I notice sometimes, depending on the parts guy. He'll put the extra effort into locating the part on the nationwide parts locator...or he'll just tell you it's NLA and you're SOL.
Yesterday I asked the parts guy if he could run it thru the locator, and he did, therefore he was able to find that one part...lucky me.

Jack...I actually called two dealers...the second told me that he ran the numbers with a dealer that tends to buy up old stock but still came up empty. Like I say maybe someone has better contacts.

Thank you Kevin.
I'm wondering if the network is divided by east and west coast. My part was found on the east coast. Perhaps they try to locate it closer to where the search originates. Just a hair brained thought.

Here's why I was happy to check on that part...like I mentioned they always have some collector cars for sale and the 60 GTO Judge I mentioned in my message to you is this one...

69pontiacGTOjudge_feature.jpg

$59,999*

400cid, 4bbl, 4 speed.
In model year 1969, Pontiac produced a total of 72,287 Pontiac GTO's. On Thursday December 19 1968, Pontiac Motor Division announced that it would build a limited number of GTO "Supercars" and brand them ... "The Judge . Of the 72,287 GTO's built, only 6833 were offered with the "Judge' package. *plus taxes and license

http://www.forbesauto.com/motorsport/carsForSale.php

That is a nice car, Steve,
Perhaps in another life I'll own one... :?

I think the Judge models were only offered in certain colors, if i'm not mistaken. I assume that one is dark green.?

yes it's dark green and if I could I'd buy it in a heartbeat. That is my favorite nose and body style of any car out there especially with those ram air scoops

Yes, I've been in contact with Dixie. I've already purchased a set of outer window strips from another source, but that's a good price for a set of 8. Thanks for that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor