Couple questions on repaint

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minion1186

G-Body Guru
Apr 12, 2009
The paint on the cutlass is really looking like sh*t, clearcoat is peeling off everywhere mainly above the pinstripe on the top of the car like the hood, tops on the fenders, trunk, roof. The roof looks like crap, paint has chipped off everywhere, vinyl top is destroyed and need a new hood because I dont need a 4 1/2 inch cowl blocking my critical view so I have to ask the question of- If I was thinking of getting the car repainted above the OEM pinstripes and grabbing a new vinyl top what do you guys think the price would be around? The paint below the pinstripe is great, one side of the quarter has a bit of overspray and a couple small chips but it shines up real nice.

Intragration

Master Mechanic
Feb 4, 2012
Chicago
It's tough to answer, it depends on what quality of a job you're going after, and the shop that does it. If you need any body work at all, it's going to add greatly to the expense, but if you don't do this, it's not going to look too good with shiny paint over wavy or dented panels. My guess would be 3-4 grand, maybe more if you're going for really high-quality, and maybe less if you're just trying to do it on the cheap, but again, the results could be questionable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor