Cowl hood on 78 Elco

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubbamura

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 23, 2008
Has anyone done a cowl hood on a 78 elco? I am thinking of doing one for engine and carb clearance reasons. Was curious if it would be possible to make it a functional hood, ie, are there attachment points for the door if using the 68-72 chevelle parts? I know it could be done on the chevelle hood as I had one on my 68. Haven't seen any pix of the g-body hood to be able to verify if it can be done. And yes, I know it is a lot of work but I have access to a good body shop that can make the mods for a reasonable price. Thanks for any help and any pix of the underside of the hood would be appreciated.

I have a cowl hood on an 81 El camino. You can see it in my profile pic. It was an aftermarket supplier of GM licensed steel hood. No modifications were needed just bolted it on.

BIG cowl hood from Glasstek:

100_1952.jpg

SAM_0110.jpg

Compared to a flat hood Malibu:
SAM_0109.jpg

Under the hood:
DSCI0107.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor