Cowl hood, yes or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jshock said:
Re: Cowl hood, yes or no?
by Longroof79 on Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:40 pm

I honestly am considering going back to my stock hood. I'm not 100% satisfied with the fit of my 2" Goodmark cowl hood.
It does allow extra clearance, however. I am using a 1" 4-hole phenolic spacer, which I like, and a drop base air cleaner.
From my observation, the stock hood always had a good flat fit. Is it me, or are these hoods tweaked from the get-go?
I have noticed these hoods on other cars, and most tend to stick up a little.

I haven't given up yet. I will try my darned-est to get the hood to fit and look right. If after all is said and done, I'll remove it.

Well if you do decide to call it quits I know of a buyer... This guy!

I've been looking for em but I don't want to pay the 500 bucks plus 200 shipping. Maybe an offer of like 350 plus shipping would sound nice?
I will definitely let you know. Like I said, I'm going to take another crack at it before throwing in the towel.

A general rule to anyone swapping hoods or other body parts, If you want a show quality fit it's usually best to skim bodyfiller over the new & adjacent part & sand flush once you've tweaked as much as possible.
Unless you're ok with less than perfect. :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor