cragar 16" wheel question

Status
Not open for further replies.

cutty88

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 23, 2008
Williamsport, PA
i am thinking about buying a set of cragar 16x8 inch wheels. i want to put the opg 2" drop springs in the front and 1" in the back but i just want to make sure these wheels will fit right before i order. I think i need 4.5bs. Is that for all four wheels? My car will have a regal front clip on it if that makes any difference.

cutty88 said:
i am thinking about buying a set of cragar 16x8 inch wheels. i want to put the opg 2" drop springs in the front and 1" in the back but i just want to make sure these wheels will fit right before i order. I think i need 4.5bs. Is that for all four wheels? My car will have a regal front clip on it if that makes any difference.

I am sorry I don't have an answer for you but I read your signature and got a kick out of it. I am doing the opposite, putting a cutlass clip on my regal, that is if I can get the car cheap enough.

they sure will fit the tire specs makes the difference not the wheel

I have 17" wheels on my cutlass dropped 2" overhaul tire diameter is at 26.5"

i wanted to make sure i had the backspacing right also

4.5" back spacing is exacly what you need (wheel will clear by 1" at the frame on the back wheels)

maybe a little interference betwwen front tire and inner fender when wheels turned and climbing a step ( driveway entrance)

4" would work better. i have 15x8s with 4.5" backspacing on my cutlass, with a 255/60 tire it rubs a bit on corners. my 15x8 ralleys with 4" backspacing and the same tire worked perfect on my malibu wagon.

well the more i look the more im leaning towards maybe going with 15's with 275/50s

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor