Craigslist GP in Pittsburgh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
That will be an interesting find if they don't. The Firebird 15's rub the lip of the lower control arm. That scores the inside of the rim.

pontiac guy

G-Body Guru
Oct 28, 2016
Royse City, TX
Well I stripped most of my parts from the car today. Interestingly, no spacers on the front wheels and no evidence of rubbing. It didn't look like the control arms were trimmed either. What was weird was there were spacers on the rear. They looked to be about 3/16". There was no reason to have them there that I could see. The tires were close to the frame but likely wouldn't run. The wheels look to have been yellow originally. They could have been Yellow Bird wheels. The color looked right. When I pull them I'll clean them and get the codes off them.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Yes, I'd be interested to know the code. I have four sets of Firebird snowflakes and they all rubbed. I even have a set on my 1968 Firebird project and they don't rub. Hitman's page is probably the most comprehensive. http://www.78ta.com/Pages/rims.htm

pontiac guy

G-Body Guru
Oct 28, 2016
Royse City, TX
I love a good mystery. They are marked 15x7 but are too dirty to get numbers from. I hope to be rid of this car soon then I can dig into it a bit more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor