Cruise control

Status
Not open for further replies.

87bucketgta

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 31, 2010
I have an 83 ho, I have 2 tranducers when I first got the car both seemed to work the problem was when I engaged the cruise control the car would try to keep speeding up, well now nothing at all works. I changed the turn signal hoping it would be something simple still nothing. From what I can see and tell everything looks hooked up and correct, the only thing I noticed on my fuse block I have a place that says cruise control but it doesnt have a fuse but whats even strange there nothing in there for the fuse to plug into if im makine sence. I have a manual for an 84 and ofcourse the cruise control setup looks totaly different. Can anyone point me in the right direction or tell me what I need to look for. Thanks in advance guys for all the help!!!

The diaphragm is good, what does the soliniode look like?? the only thing I see is the transducer

The solinoid is attached to the front of the transducer by 2 screws I needed to replace mine. The shape is cylindrical with vacume line coming from one end and electrical plug on other end. Mark

hajnovak said:
The solinoid is attached to the front of the transducer by 2 screws I needed to replace mine. The shape is cylindrical with vacume line coming from one end and electrical plug on other end. Mark
Ok, cool, ill take a look thanks for all the replys

hajnovak said:
ok, I see the solinoid, I actually have 2 both do the same thing which is nothing. I could possibley have 2 30 year old bad solinoids. Is there anyway to test them. If I remember correctly back when it worked if I had the car switched on and I cut the cruise control lever on I could hear the solinoid click. And yes I have replaced the turn signal lever

hajnovak said:
Don't know if there is a way to test.
I just made up some pigtails and ran them to the battery when I connected them to my both my solinoids the one on my car and my spare both did click. So I guess that tells me it wants to work. The switch thing on my brake pedal could that be the problem??

Check the ground to it. I replaced my transducer, there was nothing wrong with it. I was pissing around with it, touched the frame to the brake booster. Sparked, added extra ground and all was well. My solenoids also click, double check your servo. Mine had a hole, covered it with black RTV and now works fine.

olds307 and 403 said:
Check the ground to it. I replaced my transducer, there was nothing wrong with it. I was pissing around with it, touched the frame to the brake booster. Sparked, added extra ground and all was well. My solenoids also click, double check your servo. Mine had a hole, covered it with black RTV and now works fine.
Not following you 100 percent there, I did look at the ground looks fine i took off cleaned it put it back on, I have a regal so today I pull the brake switch thing off it and put it on still no difference. Anyone with any ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor