custom dash

Status
Not open for further replies.

vladj

Master Mechanic
Nov 11, 2008
Winnipeg, Manitoba
well i was thinking today. instead of putting an old cracked dash into the cutlass. i might as well build an aluminum one. what do you guys think? any ideas or links to some?

kind of like this:

dash_02.jpg

p2r_civic12.jpg

what do you guys think;

vlad

i have wanted to do that for a while. def worth a shot. id love to see a good one done with tips and pics our way as you go of course.

I'm thinking about doing the same thing, because my car will have that race-car vibe. But for street or show I'm not sure it looks good enough. Kind of utilitarian.

Push button start required, that would be cool!

vladj said:
well i was thinking today. instead of putting an old cracked dash into the cutlass. i might as well build an aluminum one. what do you guys think? any ideas or links to some?
what do you guys think;

vlad

I like the second one, it's simple and looks good. But sheets of aluminum are expensive, you could probably score a nice dash for the same price if you shopped around for a while

Hit some swap meets. People are always selling their old aluminum interior parts for cheap. Road signs are really nice canidates for heater/ac delete plates as well!

need some street signs? there doing road construction here in des plaines il. its near I-294 and golf road. take yer pick...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor