1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cutlass tranny cross member

Discussion in 'Oldsmobile Cutlass / 442 / Hurst/Olds' started by 2fit661ca, Jan 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joe_padavano

joe_padavano Royal Smart Person

Actually, I'm pretty sure it's a body stiffener. I doubt GM ever cared about a factory driveshaft safety loop.

2. 2fit661ca

2fit661ca Master Mechanic

what ever it is, i could do both tasks, and it is not needed to drive the car, so...

Minion offered me his crossmember, so i should be good to go. now i just neeed to find a drive shaft

3. Minion1186

Minion1186 G-Body Guru

yes i did,its in very good used condition,thank god someone needs it,it would be in the trash right now if not. 8)

4. Chris Van

Chris Van G-Body Guru

Too bad you are all the way in Iowa..... I've got one that you could have that already has the cutout for the dual exhaust.

Check out this other one I found too. Read somewhere that the Iceman Fab crossmembers were heavy.... Not sure how that could be but this one says it weighs under 5 lbs.
    http://www.tntraceshop.com/78-87_G-body.htm

5. FE3X CLONE

FE3X CLONE Comic Book Super Hero

Iceman used to produce one that was pretty much identical to the G-force crossmembers. However had to change the design when G-force sued or threatened to sue him.

I have on of Iceman's original T-56 crossmembers before he changed the design:

[​IMG]

6. 2fit661ca

2fit661ca Master Mechanic

website went strait to my favorites

7. art

art Apprentice

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.