Cutlass Windshield Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 30, 2017
Northern Cali
Need help replacing the windshield! The local glass repair and replace shops will not touch my 86 Cutlass Supreme Brougham due to the chrome molding around the windshield. They say the clips? that are located under the molding is a "dealer part" and are no longer available. Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 user

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Keep in mind that most window guys haven't seen cars with window trim. I'd remove the trim myself & reinstall it after they are done.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
G-Body of the Month
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
When I had 2 of my Gbodies done I removed the molding first and both installers used the molding to set the depth of the windshield so that the molding sits flat.
I also replaced the clips first so there would be no issues.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Aug 30, 2017
Northern Cali
http://www.gbodyparts.com/product_info.php?products_id=427&osCsid=03bd1ea1db94f274ecc4032f82f732e7

I think these are the same thing(?). Grab a set or two and tell them you've got it covered. They probably just don't want to break them (happens often) and not be able to replace them, and not put the trim back, customer all PO'd etc. etc. Remove the trim yourself if that's the issue, just slides off, with a little persuasion, but those clips.... Welcome to site, too!

Thanks! The tech said he didn't want to break the clips and then not be able to replace the molding, just like you said. I found the clips you posted above on ebay for $10 (brand new!) and emailed a pic to the repair shop and they confirmed the part so we're all set. Much appreciated! Thanks everyone for your input!

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor